About Maitreey – Maitreey Preksha Seva Mission
“Maitreey Preksha Seva Mission” is a philanthropic public charitable trust which is a non-political, non-religious and secular body, registered under ‘Indian Trust Act, 1882’. The Trust was incorporated in November 2004, while actual social work started way ahead in the first quarter of 2000.
The Trust is committed to selfless social service and public welfare for the overall development and multi- dimensional upliftment of poor, down-trodden and under privileged people. The Trust aims at providing hope and new opportunities, spiritual guidance, solace, alleviation of suffering, economic support, employment, promoting educational and welfare programs and activities for the overall growth and welfare of the society.
Being a spiritual organization and public charitable Trust, the Mission reaches out to people of all religions to unify humanity by spreading the universal message of love and brotherhood. The Mission provides hope and new opportunities, spiritual guidance, economic support, promoting employment for overall growth and welfare of the weaker sections of the society. Above all, the Mission stands for bringing total health and happiness by helping eradicate the stigma of the biblical disease, “Leprosy”.
Maitreey Mission serves the humanity in three ways.
- By spreading Spirituality – propagating the universal unity of all religions.
- Holistic Healing to handle diseases and disorders of human body.
- Charity/ Seva for the welfare and benefit of all the sick, poor, old and destitute of the society.
Vision and mission
- “It has been my primary goal to help vulnerable people, especially children & mostly girls”
- “I firmly believe that decent education can pull them out from most of their miseries especially poverty”
- Maitreey Mission was conceived with the three-fold objective of – Healing, Charity & Spirituality, in the service to humanity.
- By experiencing Practical Spirituality, leads to healing of the mind, body and brings about happiness for all. Where man learns to rejoice in the only Supreme power of the Creator – God.
Maitreey Preksha Seva Mission – Our People
Under the Divine guidance of ‘Guru Maa’, there are excellent hand-picked volunteers who are working tirelessly to make Vatsalyam a ‘Home away from home’. Every working member at Vatsalyam is trained personally by Maa, as ‘Maa’, herself is very close and deeply affectionate to the children. Maa always says, “Children are our tomorrow’s Torch Bearers, they should be given a clean path that they become leaders in the future.”
Coordinator – Social Development